When was the Boardman Fire Department organized?
The first fire department was organized in 1923. This was a volunteer organization brought about by civic minded men as they realized the need for such a firefighting unit after many unfortunate house fires. These men met in the boiler room of the old brick school house which is now part of Center Middle School. Even the fire chief, Merle Gifford, was a volunteer. The fire siren was placed on top of Station 71 after the station was completed in 1927.
Fatal error: Call to a member function get_results() on a non-object in /home/boapol/boardmantwp.com/wp-content/themes/fire/index.php on line 90