Board of Zoning Appeals
The Board of Appeals has jurisdiction over all use and area variances, including requests for conditional use permits and appeals challenging a decision or determination of the Zoning Inspector.
All decisions of the Board of Appeals are final within Boardman Township. A citizen who is aggrieved with the Board’s decision has 30 days from the date of decision to file an appeal with the Mahoning County Common Pleas Court.
A legal notice is published at least 10 days before the hearing of the Board of Appeals. All hearings are open to the public.
A variance can be applied for through the online portal or by downloading the application below.
- BZA Application Area Variance (Requests regarding the size and/or placement of a structure)
- BZA Application Conditional Use (Requests for a use listed as conditional in the Zoning Resolution)
- BZA Application Administrative Appeal (Requests for an appeal of the Director of Zoning & Development’s decision)
- BZA Application Use Variance (Requests for a use not listed in the Zoning Resolution)
The Board consists of five members and two alternate members appointed by the Boardman Township Trustees.
- Atty John Shultz, Chairman (January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2026)
- Patricia Brozik (January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2021)
- Marilyn Scheetz, Vice Chair (January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2022)
- Kenneth Tirpack (January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2021)
- Brian Racz, (January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2025)
- Anthony Buchmann, Alternate (August 17, 2020 to December 31, 2021)
- Matthew Gambrel, Alternate (June 2021-December 31,2022)
2021 Meeting Schedule
|Month||Appeal Deadline||Meeting Date||Legal Notice||Plans Submitted|
|January||12/31/2020||1/19/2021||Click Here||BZA Jan 19|
|February||1/28/2021||2/16/2021||Click Here||BZA Feb 16|
|March||2/25/2021||3/16/2021||Click Here||BZA March 16|
|April||4/1/2021||4/20/2021||Click Here||BZA April 20|
|May||4/29/2021||5/18/2021||Click Here||BZA May 18|
|May||5/7/2021||5/25/2021||Click Here||BZA May 25|
|June||6/3/2021||6/22/2021||Click Here||BZA June 22|
All Meetings are held at 7:00 PM at the Boardman Government Center, 8299 Market Street.