Board of Zoning Appeals
The Board of Appeals has jurisdiction over all use and area variances, including requests for conditional use permits and appeals challenging a decision or determination of the Zoning Inspector.
All decisions of the Board of Appeals are final within Boardman Township. A citizen who is aggrieved with the Board’s decision has 30 days from the date of decision to file an appeal with the Mahoning County Common Pleas Court.
A legal notice is published at least 10 days before the hearing of the Board of Appeals. All hearings are open to the public.
A variance can be applied for through the online portal or by downloading the application below.
- BZA – Area Variance (Requests regarding the size and/or placement of a structure)
- BZA – Conditional Use (Requests for a use listed as conditional in the Zoning Resolution)
- BZA – Administrative Appeal (Requests for an appeal of the Director of Zoning & Development’s decision)
- BZA – Use Variance (Requests for a use not listed in the Zoning Resolution)
The Board consists of five members and two alternate members appointed by the Boardman Township Trustees.
- Atty John Shultz, Chairman (January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2025)
- Patricia Brozik (January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2026)
- Marilyn Scheetz, Vice Chair (January 1, 2023 to December 31, 2027)
- Kenneth Tirpack (January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2026)
- Brian Racz (January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2025)
- Matthew Gambrel, Alternate (January 1, 2023-December 31, 2023)
- Tom Varley, Alternate (January 1, 2023-December 31, 2023)
2023 Meeting Schedule
*Meeting dates are subject to availability on the agenda.
|Month||Appeal Deadline||Meeting Date||Legal Notice|
|December||11/22/2022||12/13/2022||NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING-Dec 13|
|January||12/27/2022||1/17/2023||NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING-Jan 17|
|February||1/31/2023||2/21/2023||NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING-Feb 21|
|March||2/28/2023||3/21/2023||NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING-Mar 21|
All Meetings are held at 7:00 PM at the Boardman Government Center, 8299 Market Street.