Board of Zoning Appeals
The Board of Appeals has jurisdiction over all use and area variances, including requests for conditional use permits and appeals challenging a decision or determination of the Zoning Inspector.
All decisions of the Board of Appeals are final within Boardman Township. A citizen who is aggrieved with the Board’s decision has 30 days from the date of decision to file an appeal with the Mahoning County Common Pleas Court.
A legal notice is published at least 10 days before the hearing of the Board of Appeals. All hearings are open to the public.
A variance can be applied for through the online portal or by downloading the application below.
- BZA – Application Area Variance (Requests regarding the size and/or placement of a structure)
- BZA – Conditional Use (Requests for a use listed as conditional in the Zoning Resolution)
- BZA – Administrative Appeal (Requests for an appeal of the Director of Zoning & Development’s decision)
- BZA – Use Variance (Requests for a use not listed in the Zoning Resolution)
The Board consists of five members and two alternate members appointed by the Boardman Township Trustees.
- Atty John Shultz, Chairman (January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2025)
- Patricia Brozik (January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2026)
- Marilyn Scheetz, Vice Chair (January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2022)
- Kenneth Tirpack (January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2026)
- Brian Racz (January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2025)
- Matthew Gambrel, Alternate (January 1, 2022-December 31, 2022)
- Tom Varley, Alternate (January 1, 2022-December 31, 2022)
2022 Meeting Schedule
*Meeting dates are subject to availability on the agenda.
|Month||Appeal Deadline||Meeting Date||Legal Notice|
|December||11/24/2021||12/14/2021||NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING-DEC14|
|January||12/29/2021||1/18/2022||NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING-JAN 18|
|February||1/27/2022||2/15/2022||NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING-Feb 15|
|March||2/24/2022||3/15/2022||NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING-March 15|
|April||3/31/2022||4/19/2022||NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING-April 19|
|May||4/28/2022||5/17/2022||NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING-May 17|
All Meetings are held at 7:00 PM at the Boardman Government Center, 8299 Market Street.