The Boardman Zoning Commission is a recommending body consisting of five members appointed to five-year terms by the Boardman Township Trustees.
The Zoning Commission acts upon recommendations of the Mahoning County Planning Commission and forwards recommendations to the Board of Trustees regarding text amendments to the Zoning Ordinance and rezone requests from property owners. Once a recommendation is forwarded to the Trustees, it can only be modified or overturned by unanimous vote of the Board.
A legal notice is published at least 10 days before the hearing of the Zoning Commission. All hearings are open to the public.
|Peter W. Lymber, Chairman||Term: Jan 2009 – Jan 2014|
|Frank Centofanti, Vice-Chairman||Term: Jan 2011 – Jan 2016|
|Nancy Terlesky||Term: Jan 2010 – Jan 2015|
|Joseph S. Ohr||Term: Jan 2012 – Jan 2017|
|John Burgan||Term: Jan 2013 – Jan 2018|
HOW TO APPLY FOR A ZONE CHANGE
- Letter of intent from property owner or authorized agent indicating current zoning classification and proposed zoning classification. (All individuals in ownership must be a party to the request.)
- Legal description of property to be changed.
- Two copies of area map (Tax Map Department, Mahoning County Court House).
- List of abutting property owners’ names and mailing addresses.
- Check to Township Trustees in amount of $300.00 filing fee. (Non-refundable)
Note: The zone change process will take at least 90 days from the time complete information is filed at the Zoning office.