Trick-or-Treat in Boardman is Saturday, Oct. 31 – 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
Halloween Trick-or-Treating in Boardman is set for October 31 (Saturday) from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
We urge all residents to take extra precautions this year. Among the recommendations from the office of Ohio Governor Mike DeWine are:
- If taking your children trick-or-treating, limit the number of houses you visit and ask your children to stay as far from treat-givers as possible. For small children, consider holding the bag for them.
- Wipe off candy wrappers with sanitizing wipes when you arrive home. (NOTE: Never wipe unpackaged food with wipes.)
- Allow children to eat only factory-wrapped treats. Avoid homemade treats made by strangers.
- If your child is at greater risk of complications from COVID-19, contact your doctor before allowing participation in Halloween activities.
- For trick-or-treating, reach out to neighbors to discuss ways to ensure 6-foot social distancing, how candy can most safely be distributed, and the need for face coverings.
- Refrain from having children select their own treats from a bowl/common container or set up a hand-sanitizing station.
- Consider lining up individually wrapped goodie bags on porch steps, a table in the driveway, or the edge of the driveway or yard with a sign asking children to take only one. Or use other creative ways to distribute treats, such as using a candy “slide” made of PVC pipe, or hanging treats from a wall or fence.
- If you are preparing goodie bags, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after preparing the bags.
View additional recommendations at this link.